While using dslrBooth with a touch screen display with Windows 10 you have the ability to use a virtual keyboard. Here is how to allow the keyboard to appear when keyboard input is needed:
Recommended Method (If using a touch screen):
In dslrBooth go to Settings > General then scroll to Options. Uncheck "Virtual Keyboard". (You read that right, uncheck it). The latest Windows 10 releases automatically open the keyboard so there is no need to tell dslrBooth to open it.
The keyboard will automatically open when you touch the screen inside a textbox with your finger. It will not open if you use a mouse in the app. This is standard Windows 10 behavior and cannot be changed.
To test, open dslrBooth, run through a session, and when you get to the sharing screen tap the screen with your finger on the Email icon. The Virtual Keyboard should appear.
Additional Step if using Windows 10 older than build 1903
The keyboard will start automatically only start if you don't have a keyboard attached. Go to: Windows Settings (Win+i) > Touch Keyboard Settings and set:
Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached to On.
Alternative Method (Not Recommended):
- In dslrBooth go to Settings > General then scroll to Options. Enable "Virtual Keyboard"
- Make sure PC is not in tablet mode. If it is, turn off tablet mode.
- Right click on your Windows taskbar at the bottom. Make sure "Show Touch Keyboard Button" is checked. This should show the keyboard in the lower right part of the screen.
- Make sure your taskbar is not set to auto-hide. Right Click taskbar, Properties, uncheck "Auto Hide the taskbar".
Go to: Windows Settings (Win+i) > Touch Keyboard Settings and set:
Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached to Off. (Only available in Windows builds older than 1903).
- Click on the keyboard in the lower right to make sure it opens. If it does not open on first try, click again until it opens.
- Open dslrBooth, run through a session, and when you get to the sharing screen click on Email. The Virtual Keyboard should appear.